Cost-effective Satellite Data Transmission
The NovelSat NS300 Professional Satellite Modem is the natural choice for data applications that require satellite transfer rates of up to 30Mbps. In full duplex mode, the NS300 can simultaneously send and receive a total of 60Mbps per modem. The NS300 is a member of the NovelSat Professional Satellite Modem series along with the NS3000 Professional High-Data Rate Satellite Modem (up to 850Mbps). Like the NS3000, DVB-S2 is the basic satellite transmission standard in the NS300 modem. The NS300 and all NovelSat equipment also support DVB-S, DVB-S2 with 5% Roll-off Filter (ROF), DVB-S2X and NovelSat NS4.
Built for Data Transmission
The NS300 modem includes built-in IP processing features to make data transmission more efficient and cost-effective. The NovelSat NS300 supports point-to-point and point-to-multipoint links and incorporates the NovelSat high-efficiency NSPE™ encapsulation scheme. The NS300 integrated IP processing unit supports a wide range of features such as advanced QoS, transparent bridging (Layer 2), VLAN switching (Layer 2), routing mode (Layer 3) and header and payload acceleration.
The NS300 platform offers a wide range of performance boosting options including DVB-S2 with 5% ROF, ACM/VCM, AUPC (Automatic Uplink Power Control), Carrier ID (CID) compliance and Dual channel support for ASI & IP or two ASI data transmissions. All of these options work with both DVB-S2 When you upgrade to NovelSat NS4 transmission technology, the NS300 boosts spectral efficiency by up to 45% compared with DVB-S2 equipment.
NovelSat NS4 also adds superior resilience to jamming, interference, phase noise and weather fluctuations. For additional savings in operational costs, add optional NovelSat DUET CeC to double the bandwidth available on a single carrier.
These and other unique technologies give the low-cost, high-performance NovelSat NS300 Professional Satellite Modem the highest performance and most compelling ROI for businesses with satellite data transmission needs.
- Scalable from 100Kbps to 60Mbps (30Mbps x2)
- DVB-S2 (EN 302 307) & DVB-S2X* compliant
- DVB-S, DVB-DSNG (EN300-421, EN301-210) transmission compliant
- Symbol rate 0.1-25Msps
- NovelSat NS4™ technology
- Modulation: BPSK, QPSK, 8APSK, 16APSK, 32APSK, 64APSK
- LDPC (Low Density Power Check)
- Roll-off Filter: 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 35% with both DVB-S2 and NovelSat NS4
- NovelSat DUET CeC (carrier echo cancellation) technology
- Dual Band Support (IF-Band 50-180MHz & Extended L-Band 950-2150MHz)
- 10-15dB stronger jamming immunity
- Optimized ACM mode
- IP Processing Enhancements
- VLAN switching (Layer 2)/Router mode (Layer 3)
- NSPE™ IP Encapsulation
- Advanced QoS (Quality of Service)
- IP Transparent Bridging
- Jumbo frame support
- Header Compression
- WAN Acceleration (TCP, Payload Acceleration)
- Gigabit Ethernet (GbE), Up to 4 E1/T1 interfaces, SFP
- 2 ASI interfaces
- Dual Channel Support (ASI & IP or 2 ASI streams)
- L-Band monitoring output
- 24V/48V integrated BUC feeder
- Supports N+1 redundancy
- Carrier ID (CID) compatible
- Secured transmission
- AUPC (Automatic Uplink Power Control)
- Technology Agnostic Network Management System
- Over-the-Air (OTA): Management & Control and Software upgrades
- Compatible with all NovelSat satellite equipment (modulators, demodulators, modems)