Ultra fast video and data transmission for broadcast and mission critical applications
The NovelSat NS1000 Modulator delivers industry-leading data rates — a single unit covers the whole data range from 100Kbps up to 365Mbps using 70Msym/sec transmission. The NS1000 offers:
- Lowest bandwidth consumption – increasing satellite bandwidth efficiency by 30% to 60%
- Highly versatile – single unit serving from 100Kbps to 730Mbps using existing bandwidth
- Smallest dish/HPA size – using the same data rate
- Larger footprint – using the same data rates at remote locations
Designed for high-demand satellite broadcast and communication transmission, the NS1000 Modulator is based on 4th-generation NovelSat NS4 satellite transmission technology. Completely technology-agnostic, NS1000 supports all common modulation methods – DVB-S, DVB-S2, and DVB-SNG – and is the only NovelSat NS4-enhanced modulator on the market.
Delivering significantly higher spectral efficiency and data rate gain with SNR links compared to DVB-S2 based solutions, the NS1000 supports data rates of up to 365Mbps using 70Msym/sec in NS3 mode of operation. While DVB-S2 is limited to 32APSK, NS3 achieves 64APSK, resulting in data rate gain of up to 37%. As a solution that supports transmission of one carrier over a 72MHz transponder, the NovelSat NS1000 enables saturation operation.
With dual channel support, the NS1000 supports multiple combinations of dual input interfaces – 2XASI, 2XGigabit and ASI & Gigabit. The dual channel option enables any two inputs to be combined simultaneously over one carrier, each with a different modulation scheme for each channel using Variable Coding Modulation (VCM). NS1000 also enables dual channel operation making it possible to combine Ethernet Streams and ASI, easing migration to IP streaming while controlling the QoS of each stream.
- Compatible with NovelSat NS4 waveform
- DVB-S, DSNG, DVB-S2 (EN300-421, EN301-210, EN302-307) backward compatible
- Data rates of up to 365Mbps
- Powerful non-linear algorithms for saturated channels
- Dual channel mode
* Dual ASI input interface
* Optional dual Ethernet 1Gb input interface
- Extended L-Band 950MHz-2150MHz
- IF output mode 50MHz-180MHz (either L-Band/IF)
- Monitor output port
- Optional 10MHz reference (In/Out)
- CCM, VCM & ACM support
NovelSat’s NS3™ satellite modulation technology is bringing fiber-level costs to satellite broadcasting for the first time.